Happy Birthday to me

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Last year I got the best birthday gift, ever. And it truly is the gift that keeps on giving. Last year, on this day - Jaydon became a big brother and I became mommy to my baby girl. I can't believe that a year has already flown by but it has. So much has happened - Natalie has grown up so much. We got home last year and Natalie could barely speak English - and now she is putting sentences together and isn't afraid to make her opinion known. She never stops talking, she never stops laughing and she never ever stops smiling. For that I am grateful - we couldn't have asked for a better daughter. She fits so well in our family that it scares me sometimes. We had so much fun being a family of four this year. I can't imagine our lives without her, my life without her. She was meant to be in this family.

So congratulations little Natalie - you did it. You survived your first year as a baby sister and we couldn't be happier.


Onto other things - Christopher is taking a College Trig class this semester. He is doing really well and seems to enjoy it a lot. He had his first test last week and aced it! He did so good.

On the other hand, school is kicking my butt. Grad school is hard. There is a ton of reading and papers and presentations and research studies that sometimes I wonder what it is that I have gotten myself into. But my professors are great and I am learning so much - so even though there is way too much work to do and not nearly enough time.... I love it.

Jaydon is doing really well in school too. He is going 5 days a week now. He is so big. It will only be a few short months until he turns 5. Ya, I said it, 5!!! Time is flying by!

xoxoxo
lanmarie

7 comments:

lindsey said...

a great post! i'm so glad that things have gone so well for you guys and i love watching your family grow and equally can't believe how well natalie has "fit" into your family. you guys are great and when times are tough have a lot to be thankful for...i owe you a birthday meal so lets get together soon!!!

lindsey said...

hey...i think i only have about 4 and they are only of jaydon...no one else...we didn't do so good this go around...i'll put them on the computer and e-mail them to you...sorry!

lindsey said...

...they sure were. i hope that you guys are feeling better!! talk to you soon.

lindsey said...

i'm commenting again....you changed the template but didn't leave a new post...i'm sure you have a lot of good stuff to put on here....anyway. thanks for going to breakfast now we have to go for "birthday" dessert

lindsey said...

...you're about a day and a half away from a blog update!! i know that it's been a super busy year and i'm sure your blog will be glad to hear about it!

lindsey said...

p.s. I can't believe that you were in Vietnam 2 years ago-what an amazing thought!!! (YAY for Natalie!!) Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.